Thursday, April 19, 2012

Birthday Parties

Cameron is 3!! What a handsome little dude. We sure love this guy to pieces.
He got to celebrate his 3rd birthday with two parties! Matt's sister threw a BIG Cars party for her son and Cameron since their birthdays are just a couple weeks apart. Here are some pictures of the fun...both Matt and his brother work for YESCO (Young Electric Sign Company) so they had access to big trucks and real road signs and cones to bring to the party. They both went up in the basket of this truck - very high and very cool.

I had the honor of making the birthday cakes for the party - there are teeny cars from the movie Cars on each race track - way fun. The girls and I thought it was funny that I'll be turning 32 on my birthday soon and the two cakes said 32 together - so I guess I get a birthday photo too!

Now on to the party...the place was decorated with lots of fun Cars stuff. She really went all out and it turned out so fun. The kids loved having races on our indoor road.

Cameron and Trevor loved driving the big cars around.

This shot shows how Jacie will stand as sturdy as anything - she'll even reach down to pick something up and stand right back up without a wobble - but she still won't take that first step! Maybe she's waiting for Trevor to join her in that new adventure.

And here's Cameron with his first birthday haul the day after the party - lucky boy!

Here's his birthday haul from his actual birthday a few days later - his grin says it all!

And here's his cake for his real birthday...love it. I got the idea from my college friend Misty who also has a little boy. Cameron loved driving the tractors and trucks around in all that cookie dirt and trying to scoop up the candy rocks. I had a checkerboard cake kit that a nice lady just gave me once and I finally got to try it out - so fun.


Happy happy birthday to our little Cam-man!

1 comment:

Aloha_Misty said...

Happy Birthday! The cake turned out amazing!!!

Blog Archive