Tuesday, June 26, 2012

And We're Back!

It took me over a month - but I'm back to blogging!  Lots to catch up on...so buckle your seat belt and get ready to read!
This first picture is odd but interesting...Matt cut his hair then both Cameron's and Trevor's.  As I was sweeping up the hair - this is what my pile looked like...how interesting that we have 3 shades of hair so different from each other...dark red, dark brown and a little blondie in there. 
 The kids and I had a lot of fun decorating our big driveway with sidewalk chalk.  I traced around the big kids' bodies so Jacie walks over, lies down on the cement and patiently waits for me to trace her!  I thought that was so funny - she's always watching us so closely.  And, yes, she had to taste the chalk first-that's why there's chalk on her lip...and, no, she didn't observe any of us doing that first!
 My little Carly just might grow up to be an artist!
 Our first produce from the garden!  The three little kids love digging in the dirt while I'm weeding.
 Jacie begging for me to open her birthday gift!
 I've started using a new term (affectionately, of course) for my babies - they are the twin tornadoes.  They've discovered the joys of climbing to find such interesting things up higher...Jacie is often the ringleader and will climb up and empty tissue boxes, drawers, cupboards and whatnot while Trevor happily sits nearby and plays with all the "treasures" his sister keeps tossing down to him!  Pretty entertaining - until I have to clean it up by myself, that is!
 I already blogged a picture of little Trevor sucking his finger while holding his favorite blankie - here's the other half of that cute story - Jacie sucks her thumb while she holds the corner of her favorite blankie.  It's absolutely adorable but we're gonna have to work on the finger/thumb sucking issues pretty soon.
 This was just a picture I missed when we went up to Idaho for my parent's 50th anniversary - this was our first night there - the kids LOVE to play with Aunt Taletha - she's very entertaining.  Everyone in this picture looks like they're having such a great time - we love our Auntie Leefa!
 My little walking girl in her cute birthday outfit...Trevor has started walking a bit now too!
 The weekend before my birthday - we went back up to Idaho for Matt's cousin Quinn's wedding.  It was a very cold and rainy day so the temple pictures involved lots of umbrella shots!
 The reception had a live jazz band!  The kids had a blast dancing their little hearts out - look at that Clarissa boogie!
 Matt got LOTS of pool time in at his Uncle Terry's house - he was a happy man!
My family was camping that weekend but we were happy to see my parents for a couple hours on Sunday.  We then went out to see my baby brother Lane's new house - love it.  He and Mallory have an adorable new puppy they named Judge Judy - ha!  We enjoyed our visit with them.


 For my birthday, we went on a hike to Donut Falls with Matt's parents. It was perfect. The water was quite a bit higher than the time we went in September a couple years ago so we couldn't get all the way up to the Donut part of the hike but it was a perfect little family hike in the beautiful mountains - love it.


 Cameron ran ahead then struck this pose until we all got a picture of him!  Funny little dude.
 Our little hiking family.
 After the hike, as Buzz Lightyear would say, "We enjoyed some delicious hot shmo's"  :) 
 My birthday haul...
 I had to zoom in on this little creature's adorable face - how cute is that?!

My brother Lane has been doing some bank training here in Utah all month so we are all so happy when he comes to visit - the kids love it when he jumps with them - I was impressed by how high he can jump!
 He enjoyed helping us defeat Bowzer on our Wii Mario game.
 And finally, we got our Kylei friend back!  I babysat her for the last 3 or 4 years then she left for a year when I had the twins - but we got her back for the summer!  We love having her with us during the day!
Other things that have happened this month...
1.  I got a new calling!  I had the Compassionate Service Leader role for about 6 months until they stole me away to be the 2nd counselor in Primary!  Super fun - I'm gonna love it.
2.  I'm a great aunt...well, that's always been obviously true....but, I'm literally a great aunt again - my little great niece Lynnlee Marie Swallow arrived a few weeks ago to make us all mushy inside with love!  And the best part is - she shares my birthday - booyah!
3.  For Father's day, our ward gave the dad's a giant slice of PIE!  Great idea - totally delicious and appreciated by all those great daddys.
4.  Cameron has had something on his mind...listen to this and tell me what it might be...As we were driving him to a sleepover with his cousin, he said to me, "Mom, I don't like titties...I like dogs."  Then he said, "I don't need boobies on."  Then the next day I spied him "nursing" a doll for quite awhile.  Hmmm....

1 comment:

Kiana Don said...

Love the update. Nice birthday haul!

Blog Archive