May started with my babies turning EIGHT!!
This is a big year for them and they hit a milestone - they got to be baptized as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! Hooray! Their Aunt LaDawn made super cute cards for their baptism and our primary gives super cool towels with their name on them! The cupcakes are what our Primary kids have to wear as we sing a birthday song to them at church - haha!
Here are the awesome cakes I got to make for them...
And their baptism brought VISITORS! Matt's parents and his sister Kaeli's family were able to come spend some time with us and be at their baptism. We had such a great time. Our first adventure was to the ocean. There was an actual baby WHALE that washed up on the shore - whaaaat???!!!
And we had SO much fun taking creative pictures on the beach...
Matt and the boys dug a big hole....
And look how cute I look! :)
The next day brought Adventure #2 to the ZOO! This was our first time actually meeting my niece Rylee - she turned one over this weekend. We LOVE her so much - she's awesome.
Do you think these two are related?!
A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.
| Awesome gifts from Grandma and Grandpa Hansen |
And the big Baptism Day arrived!
And here's sweet little Rylee on her 1st Birthday - I had fun making that cake too...
Check out the inside!
Too. Stinkin'. Cute.
I loved the daily challenge of doing Rylee's hair!
And here's a couple group pictures from the zoo and the beach adventures we enjoyed...
| Girl Power! |
Turning 8 meant that Trevor could FINALLY join the Cub Scouts! He's SO excited!
Matt found these two all snuggled up like this late one night - they'd stayed up late watching a show together - how cute is that?
And I just had to document my favorite book - I got to read it yet again - I love it every time!
Matt taught Carly how to cut the little boys' hair and the big girls GOT BRACES!!
Alissa and Carly went to a Stake Dance and danced with actual B.O.Y.S.!
With the arrival of Memorial Day we decided to have some outdoor adventures - we stayed up late roasting s'mores in our backyard then we all had so much fun playing night games together. I'm still pretty amazing at Follow the Judge of the Court - just sayin'.
Then the next day we tried out a new hike - to the Twin Falls - very pretty and a great day hike.
Carly wanted to run for class office for 8th grade - look at her super creative campaign posters!
And to end our month of May - we had my birthday coming up and I love to go on a birthday hike so Matt decided to up our game this year and we actually went on an overnight backpacking trip with the whole family!! It was quite the feat to pull together in just a few days but Matt had all sorts of gear and all sorts of experience getting it all packed just right. Our kids are strong and amazing and love being outdoors because we've taught them to be that way - haha! This picture is Matt taking charge and me taking a nap. ;)
Oh my heck. I love these little people so much.
Off we go on another wonderful family adventure!
We got a late enough start on Friday after school and work that we had to set up in the dark but that just added more adventure to the memories! This was the very last day of May so you'll have to wait until I get my June post up to see how the rest of our adventure went I guess!
Thanks for stopping by the blog and sharing in our adventures.
Life. Is. Good.
No comments:
Post a Comment