The last of our summer adventures...
Blackberries were ripe along the trail we walk every day so we picked a lot of them!
Jacie lost her two front teeth so Cameron insisted we have corn on the cob!
The kids were also pretty thrilled that I could make pancakes that said their names -
I have mad skills!
We took a trip up to Seattle and visited the Woodland Park Zoo. Very fun. I got to see quite a few animals that I've never seen before - like a hippo, komodo dragon and the cutest little rare Egyptian tortoises.
A little sprinkling while we ate our lunch - we were prepared, though
We bought a little trailer and put the kids to work painting it
Lots of wildfires in the states and countries around us so we've had a very smoky August
Matt and I were happy to get to visit the Seattle Temple - We discovered artichokes are flowers!
Impromptu dancing lessons from dad one Sunday...
Great lakes around here to play at - this one has a ton of friendly ducks that come beg for food
And this is what Matt found in one of the signs he went to work on...yikes.
Alissa's first stake dance!! She danced with a BOY for her first time ever! Matt and I got to chaperone the dance so it was fun to spy on her all night! And our little garden produced corn!
Another lake we discovered near us - it was right next to where they build some Boeing airplanes.
Cameron's Cub Scouts have started up again. They did a really neat flag retirement ceremony.
And - we're back to school! Alissa is starting early morning seminary (6am) and is a Freshman in High School and loves it so far. Trevor and Jacie get to be in the same 2nd grade class. Cameron is a 4th grader and Carly started Middle School as a 7th grader. First day was great and they will have a wonderful year.
I made our traditional First Day of School pencil brownie of course!
We're back into a routine and life is good!































No comments:
Post a Comment